Friday, March 04, 2005

Fastest. Shipping. Ever.

Look what was waiting for me on the front porch when I got home from work yesterday:


It's my Knit Picks order!

That's Knit Picks Sock Garden in Geranium and Alpaca Cloud in Tide Pool. I ordered the yarn on Monday, and it came on Thursday. Now that's fast shipping.

Oh, is this yarn nice. You know I couldn't resist staying up past my bedtime to swatch a little last night:



The sock garden yarn knits up very, very nicely on size 2 needles and it is so soft. I don't have a whole lot of sock yarn experience, but I get the feeling that this 100% wool yarn might not hold up as well as some other sock yarns that are blended with a little synthetic fiber. It's just really soft and doesn't have the crispness of other sock yarns I've seen, but maybe that's a good thing. I'll be interested to see how it will knit up on some size 1 needles, and whether it would make a sturdier fabric. But, it is beautiful and I wish I had the patience to knit an adult-sized sweater out of it because it is so, so soft and pretty when knitted up. I think I will make a pair of knock-around-the-house socks with it. The alpaca cloud is also very soft and the color is just as beautiful as it looked on their website, but I won't get to play with that for a while.

I am still waiting on the yarn for the baby cardi, and it has now been a month since I ordered it. I've ordered from this company in Maine before, and had no problems, but I am a little annoyed that they did not call me to let me know that my yarn shipment would be held up because they were waiting on a shipment, which is what they told me when I called last week. Not many places carry this stuff (Shepherd Color 4 Me), but now I wish that I'd ordered it from Threadbear, who also carries it. Live and learn, I guess.

I'm off to have dinner and margaritas at one of my favorite restaurants in a few hours, so I am looking forward to an excellent start to the weekend. Hope everyone has a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home