Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Knitting ADD

So, I am having one of those days where I am so, so ready to buy yarn. I have gone to the Knit Picks site at least a half a dozen times today. I wonder if their Elegance yarn might make a nice Clapotis? I've been dying to make Clapotis ever since I saw it in the fall Knitty, but of course I can't afford the Lorna's Laces that the pattern calls for, so I thought that one day I would splurge and knit it. One day is not going to happen any time soon, and definitely not before the wedding. But the thing is, I think about Clapotis often and I get so jealous when I see someone's finished Clapotis. A lot of knitters have substituted the yarn with gorgeous results, so I could do that, but it just looks so divine in the Lion and Lamb. I also want to make a top-down raglan for myself, so I thought I'd order some Knit Picks yarn for that, but I already have so many other projects started (and nowhere near finished) that I am willing myself not to start another. Does anyone else have this problem? I think I just need to start something new. I am still waiting on the yarn that I ordered for the raglan baby sweater to come in, so hopefully I can begin that soon, and that'll calm me down. Until then, I will have to console myself with fiance's started socks at tonight's SnB. :(

2 Comments:

Blogger jillz said...

I think the Knit Picks Elegance would make a nice solid color Clapotis! I started one in some shetland type 2 ply wool, but I think I'm going to rip it out and use some KPPPM that I have instead. The wool just isn't doing it for me.

I recently decided to reappropriate yarn from unfinished projects into new projects since I figured I wasn't working on them for a reason. Either I didn't like the pattern or I didn't like the yarn I choose for the pattern. Have you thought about doing that? It's very liberating!!

11:09 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

You might want to check out www.handpaintedyarn.com I bought some of their boucle to make Cathode from Knitty and the colors are amazing! And it's not too pricey. They have a merino wool that fits the gauge required for Clapotis...it's on my "to buy the next time I have money" list.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home