Thursday, March 10, 2005

Finally...

The long-awaited yarn makes an appearance:



It's a little, er, bluer than I was expecting. The photo of the sample card made it look a little less electric, but I think it is too late now to send it back and get another color. It's still cute though- reminds me of Grover. I am planning to cast on for the sweater today and hopefully I will have a lot of time this sunday to sit down and make some progress on it. Unfortunately, this means that the socks are on a temporary hold. I am about a half an inch before starting the gusset increases, based on my formula, which Mary Ann was nice enough to clarify for me. As I had figured out the numbers previously, the socks would have been two inches too short, which would have made for some very uncomfortable socks indeed!

1 Comments:

Blogger luvs2knit said...

I love the grover yarn. Will I see the yarn on Wednesday night? Is the sweater for you? or somebody else? Your socks look great and I'm hoping to use that technique soon as I have sock yarn bagging me to do something with them.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home