Thursday, July 28, 2005

I cannot perform at yarn sales.

So, Lori and I went to Bonnie Knits last night to check out the sale and to check out her newly arrived Lorna's Laces yarn. Despite the fact that almost everything in the damn store was on sale, I couldn't find any yarn to buy. Well, I should re-phrase that -- I could find lots of yarn to buy, but nothing that I could justify buying unless it's something I could use for the upcoming baby knitting that I have to do, or the Helen's Lace that I have been scoping for the Kiri shawl. The Helen's Lace was beauteous, but Bonnie didn't have any colors that struck my fancy for the shawl. I am a little afraid to use a variegated yarn, because I am afraid it will stripe when I am knitting the shawl, and I don't want that. Although, it's going to be tough to buy a non-variegated Lorna's Laces yarn because they're all so darn pretty. I did make a purchase though, of some Eucalan Wool Wash, which I have been meaning to get for a long time. No more harsh Woolite for me, no, siree!

After Bonnie's, we hung out and knitted for a bit at Borders, where I made some further progress on Cathy. No photos this time, because it is at the large-blob-looking stage and not too pretty to look at. Now that I have separated for the fronts, it is moving right along though. I usually get in trouble when I do this, but I am going to set a goal for myself to finish Cathy to wear for my bridal shower (planned for me by the lovely Lori) near the end of August. Now that I have set a timeframe for myself, I have surely doomed myself, but I am going to give it my best effort!

3 Comments:

Blogger luvs2knit said...

Hey ya!!
I'm glad to hear that you set a date for your Cathy. I cannot wait to see it. You go, girl.

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I lovely? You are too kind. You probably could have knit more last night had I not made you delirious with the tired and the talking and the meaf.

5:44 PM  
Blogger jillz said...

Jen! I missed you at the shop again :( I left early on Wednesday night since I had to go to a guild meeting... too bad. Maybe next time

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home