Monday, January 16, 2006

A diversionary tactic...

I've achieved tubey-ness and am about 7 inches into the first sleeve of Tubey. Again, no photo as there's not much to look at just yet. Hopefully later in the week. Hey you Pittsburgh knitters! There is a knitting group at the Barnes and Noble in the Waterworks mall this Wednesday, January 18. This is the meeting that used to be coordinated through meetup.com, but since the organizer dropped out, it's a little more informal now. Anywho, if you're in the area, the more the merrier, and we usually get together around 7-7:30 in the cafe and stay until whenever.

Since there are no Tubey progress photos, here are a few photos that I took while experimenting with the "color accent" feature on our new rockin' camera. These photos were not Photoshopped in any way other than re-sizing:

mmm...breakfast
Linda's Family Restaurant, home of the best home fries I ever did eat

hello
Obviously not Photoshopped. Check out the sorry state of the skin on my forehead. Eew.

And this one's for Lori:
funny squirrel

See yinz at the meetup!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I hope you are planning on bringing tubey on Wednesday so we can see your progress!

Love the Heinz bottle, by the way. Very arty. Reminds me of a black and white painting of a ketchup bottle on the wall in Walnut St. Pamela's.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Do you guys meet every Wednesday? Couple of times a month?

If you're a JoAnn's kinda person, the JoAnn's at the Waterworks is closing and everything is on sale, so WOOO for sales but BOOO for closing.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Thanks, SJ, my Tubey will be there!

Jenn- Nooooooo! That is "my" JoAnn's, like the closest one to my house. Hadn't heard they were closing. Very upsetting. And they just remodeled that place last year or something! Thanks for passing it along anyway. I sew also, so I'll have to go stock up on fabric. To answer your question, the B&N Waterworks group meets up once a month, on the third Wednesday. I used to keep track of it using meetup.com (this was the first group that I ever went to and typically the only one I can make it to other than the random visit to the Monroeville group). The regular organizer's dropped out, so I don't know if they'll keep posting the days, though I have a feeling that the knitters will still come :)

You can also find a pretty good list of the area groups at www.pittsburghknitting.com.

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sad about the Joann's at Waterworks - it was so convenient. They better get their behinds in gear and put another craft/fabric/yarn store over there.

Ahhh, thank you for posting my favorite squirrel pic! He's totally like, "Huwahh! I am strong squirrel!"

9:47 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yes, the only way I knew that they were closing is that I got a little postcard in the mail that was a coupon for 10% off. I heard somebody say while I was standing in line that they thought it had just opened a few years ago, and now it's closing already. I wonder if maybe they're moving it up to Pittsburgh Mills, but why wouldn't they just move it, not close it?

By the way, when you go, take a book because the lines are crazy, they stretched clear back to the fabric counter last night.

I think I'll try to make it to B&N next month, can't go this Wednesday. I know there are closer groups to my house (I live in Carnegie) but I try to go to the ones where I 'know' somebody.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Cheryl:) said...

the squirrel looks possessed...like "godzilla squirrel"!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home